Monday 25 January 2010

WEIRD = WONDERFUL....?

I take a break away from the sewing machine to watch a close mate get naked on stage


Did I return to the island and said sewing machine refreshed? NO
Was the evening a pleasant, comfortable one? NO
Did I have to pay a friend to accompany me to see over 100 naked women gyrate for 2 hours 40 minutes ? YES
Was my 12 hour trip to the smoke to see a previously body conscious mate swinging her birthday suit clad booty to the sound of the Clash, high kicks and all completely worth it. ABSOLUTELY


There's nothing like a good cup of tea, a large bag of pic-and-mix and a synchronized naked bottom shaking routine to eradicate the worries of launching ones own business, even if it is just for an evening.

Friday night saw me making my way last minute up to London to see my girlfriends. Having been stuck on the island for way to long and used up most of my conversation on my parents I decided to get civilized, put on some clothes that weren't tracksuit bottoms and hit the theatre.

"Trilogy" at the Barbican to be precise.


A show centered around Feminist issues and body dissatisfaction it wasn't your average Friday night out with the gals, but not one I shall forget lightly either and one that put a bit of perspective into my everyday life. (Don't fret I will NOT be joining in the naked revolution. Clothes = ON....Brrrrrrr where's my Penguin hot water bottle...?)

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting way to spend an evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. was lovely to see you Charlie and know our "nudist" friend appreciated it greatly! Germaine Greer would be proud of you following your dreams-team women!!

    ReplyDelete